The French Way is the most popular of the routes that make up the Camino de Santiago. It is also the one with the best infrastructure in terms of accommodation and more help for pilgrims. We welcome you to this ancient route, its spectacular scenic and cultural heritage (with several World Heritage cities), its gastronomy and its stories.
Which section of the French Way are you going to do?
Information about the French Way
- The Royal Collegiate Church of Roncesvalles.
- The bridge over the river Arga at Puente La Reina.
- The monastery of Santa María la Real at Nájera.
- Burgos Cathedral.
- The church of Saint Martin at Frómista.
- The cathedral of Saint Mary at León.
- The Episcopal Palace of Astorga.
- The ethnographic site of O Cebreiro.
- The monastery of Samos.
- The church of Saint Nicholas de Portomarín.
- Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela.
In the Pilgrim's Blog you have an article on these and other must-see sights of the French Way.
Or you can also check the agenda of cultural events on the Camino.