What is NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, Trojan, worm, spam, spyware or pop-up.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any website. Its usefulness is that your browser is able to remember your visit when you browse that page again. The cookies usually store technical information, personal preferences, personalisation of content, usage statistics, links to social networks, access to user accounts, etc.
The purpose of the cookie is to adapt the content of the website to your profile and needs. Without cookies the services offered by any website would be significantly diminished.
What information does a cookie store?
The cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank details, photographs, your ID card or personal information, etc. The data they store are of a technical nature, personal browsing preferences, personalisation of content, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person, but your web browser. In fact, if you usually browse with Internet Explorer and try browsing the same website with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the website does not realise that you are the same person, because it is actually associating the browser, not the person.
What types of cookies are there?
- Technical cookies: these are the most elementary and allow, among other things, to know when a human or an automated application is browsing, or when an anonymous or registered user is browsing - basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic website.
- Analysis cookies: these collect information on the type of browsing you are doing, the sections you use most, products consulted, time of use, language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: These show advertising based on your browsing habits, your country of origin, language, etc.
What cookies do we use in Proguias?
This website uses the following own cookies:
- Session cookies, to ensure that users who write comments on the blog are human and not automated applications. In this way we combat spam.
This website uses the following third party cookies:
- Google Analytics: Stores cookies to compile statistics on traffic and volume of visits to this website. By using this website you are consenting to the processing of information about you by Google. Therefore, the exercise of any rights in this regard must be done by communicating directly with Google.
- Social networks: each social network uses its own cookies to allow you to click buttons like like or share
Disabling or deleting cookies
Can cookies be removed?
Yes, they can not only be deleted. They can also be blocked, either generally or for a specific domain.
To remove cookies from a website you must go to your browser settings and there you can search for those associated with the domain in question and proceed to their elimination.
At any time you can exercise your right to disable or delete cookies from this website. These actions are performed differently depending on the browser you are using. Below we indicate how to do it in the most common browsers.
What happens if I disable cookies?
In order for you to understand the scope that disabling cookies can have, here are some examples:
- You will not be able to share content from that website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website will not be able to adapt the contents to your personal preferences, as is often the case with online stores.
- You will not be able to access the personal area of this web, v.g. My account, or My profile or My purchases.
- Online stores: it will be impossible to make purchases online, they will have to be made by telephone or by visiting the physical store.
- It will not be possible to customize your geographic preferences such as time zone, currency or language.
- The website will not be able to perform web analytics on visitors and web traffic, which will make it difficult for the website to be competitive.
- You will not be able to write on the blog, upload photos, post comments, rate or rate content. The web will also not be able to know if you are a person or an automated application that publishes spam.
- It will not be possible to display sectorized advertising, which will reduce the advertising revenue of the site.
Configuration of cookies for most popular browsers
Here's how to access a cookie determined from the most popular browsers: Caution: these steps may vary depending on the browser version.
- Go to Settings or Preferences via the File menu or by clicking on the customization icon at the top right.
- You will see different sections, click on the Show advanced options option.
- Go to Privacy, Content configuration.
- Select All cookies and site data.
- A list will appear with all the cookies sorted by domain. To make it easier to find the cookies of a particular domain, enter part or all of the address in the Find cookies field.
- After performing this filter, one or more lines with the cookies of the requested website will appear on the screen. Now you just have to select it and press the X to proceed to its elimination.
- Go to Tools, Internet Options.
- Click on Privacy.
- Move the slider to set the privacy level you want.
- Go to Options or Preferences depending on your operating system.
- Click on Privacy.
- Under History choose Use custom settings for history.
- You will now see the option Accept cookies. You can activate or deactivate it according to your preferences.
Safari for OSX
- Go to Preferencesthen Privacy.
- Here you will see the option Block cookies to set the type of blocking you want to perform.
Safari for iOS
- Go to Settings, then Safari.
- Go to Privacy and Security, you will see the Block cookies option to adjust the type of blocking you want to do.
Native browser for Android devices
- Launch the browser and press the Menu key, then Settings.
- Go to Security and Privacy, you will see the option Accept cookies. Solo tienes que activar o desactivar la casilla.
Native browser for Windows Phone devices
- Open Internet Explorer, the More, then Configuration
- You can now enable or disable the Allow cookies checkbox.
- Web browsers are the tools responsible for storing the cookies and from this place you must exercise your right to delete or deactivate them. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect handling of the cookies by the aforementioned browsers.
- In some cases it is necessary to install cookies so that the browser does not forget your decision not to accept them.
- If you have any doubts or queries about this cookies policy, please do not hesitate to contact us through the contact section.